Women in Maths Day includes a panel discussion on advice for students at the beginning of their careers. This will take the form of an Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) style session where the audience can ask the panel members any relevant questions.
This panel discussion includes members working in academia and industry who want to share their views on challenges and concerns that you have about your career. Here is a short bio of each of these members.
- Technical Director & Principal Research Associate
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, Newcastle University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shirley is a Technical Director & Principal Research Associate at Newcastle University. She has studied Mathematical Sciences and Statistics in Newcastle University.
- Data Analyst The Premier League
- Sahar Fatemi is a data Analyst at The Premier League. She has studied Computing Science at Queen Mary University of London.
- Girls’ Participation Coordinator MEI Advanced Maths Support Programme
- Email: email@example.com
- Rachel is the Girls' Participation Coordinator MEI Advanced Maths Support Programme. She studied Maths at Exeter and Bristol Universities and taught mathematics for over 20 years.
- Retired Senior IT Manager Retired from Procter & Gamble, Voluntary mentor at The Girls Network
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joy is a retired senior IT manager from Procter & Gamble. She is now a voluntary mentor at The Girls Network. She has studied Physiology at Newcastle University.
- Research Associate Newcastle University
- Email: email@example.com
- Zoya is a Research Associate in the Power System Group, Newcastle University. She has studied IT Eng, Computer Networks, and ICT in Sharif University, Iran, Derby and Manchester Universities.