The changing landscape of Higher Education
Newcastle University Learning and Teaching Conference
Wednesday 3 April 2019
- How do we deliver our vision for a Newcastle education set out in the University Vision and Strategy, in a constantly changing higher education landscape?
- How can we reflect these changes in the education experience?
- How do these changes positively impact on teaching and the student experience?
This one day conference will explore the landscape of change under the following key themes:
- Supporting all students to fulfil their potential: This will incorporate innovations and effective practice around equality, diversity and inclusion; international students, accessibility, student wellbeing and student voice
- Education and research: How students benefit from studying in a research-intensive environment and professional practice
- Employability and engagement: Working with students as partners, and with partners in business, industry in the public sector, to provide educational experiences that allow our students to succeed and thrive in the new world of work being created by the Fourth Industrial Revolution (including how these experiences support the social impact, both locally and globally, of the considerations of widening participation and outreach)
- Technology enhanced learning: Using digital tools now and in the future to support flipped, blended and online learning and assessment and feedback
Who is the conference for?
Everyone involved in learning and teaching at all Newcastle University campuses. Please note some travel bursaries will be available for NU London, Singapore and NUMed Malaysia attendees.
In 2018 we were lucky enough to work with three Newcastle University students who produced an excellent short video to capture the essence of the conference.