School of Computing, Newcastle University
Newcastle University's School of Computing is home to 1,395 staff and students, based in the Urban Sciences Building in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. They aim to improve the quality of life, business, and society by advancing the foundations, technology, and application of computer science through teaching and research. They carry out fundamental computing science research, evaluate this research and apply it to industrial and interdisciplinary challenges. Their computer science research constantly evolves to address the new challenges posed by a fast-changing environment.
Newcastle University Centre for Transformative Neuroscience
Newcastle University Centre for Transformative Neuroscience is a Newcastle University Centre of Research Excellence (NUCoRE). They are an interdisciplinary centre that tackles major neuroscientific questions with an ambition to advance both fundamental and translational neuroscience. They aim to understand the brain in health and disease and bring real benefit to patients and society via world-leading transformative neuroscience.
The Newcastle Centre for Transformative Neuroscience aims to:
- foster collaboration across the sciences and humanities to tackle leading-edge questions in neuroscience
- invent tools to understand brain function and discover treatments for brain disorders
- develop implants and wearable devices to overcome disease and improve quality of life
- address societal and ethical issues raised by neuroscience
- engage the insights that the arts and humanities bring to communicating neuroscience and improving mental wellbeing
ILAE British Branch
UK Research and Innovation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) s a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT). Their vision is for an outstanding research and innovation system in the UK that gives everyone the opportunity to contribute and to benefit, enriching lives locally, nationally and internationally. Their mission is to convene, catalyse and invest in close collaboration with others to build a thriving, inclusive research and innovation system that connects discovery to prosperity and public good.