Situated in the North East of England, Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities.
Newcastle has direct connections to cities like London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Dubai, with numerous low-cost carriers (e.g. easyJet, Jet2 and Ryanair) connecting to various other European cities.
- air - Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles from the city centre
- rail - Newcastle is about three hours from London
- road - the A1(M) and A69 pass close to the city centre
- coach or bus - the main coach station is in the city centre
- sea - ferries run from nearby North Shields to the Netherlands
Newcastle is a compact city so it's easy to cycle or walk around. The Metro rail network offers fast, efficient travel around the city and Tyneside.
We have maps of the city and campus to help you find your way around.