Researching our Futures
Where next on our career journeys?
Thursday 16th March 9.30am -6pm
What are you hoping for in your future career? What might you do during your studies to put yourself in the best position once you finish? This conference will be an opportunity to think about life after your PhD.
Researching our Futures will enable you to explore future possibilities, discover the breadth of opportunities available and consider your career choices.
Whatever stage you are at with your studies, this one day conference is a unique opportunity to
- Hear from a range of speakers who have PhDs and are now working in Academia or in other professions, who will share their up to date experience
- Access practical help, resources and advice on a wide range of opportunities and career paths, through talks, panels, practical exercises and discussions
- Find out about ongoing help and support for the future
- Reflect on the skill-set you are developing and the value of those skills in a wide range of fields.
Lunch, refreshments and a closing drinks reception will be included.
Researching our Futures is a new PhD Student-led conference which has been designed based on feedback from Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences Post-graduate Researchers on what you would like to hear about. The event will include speakers from:
- Academia – research and teaching
- Research and consultancy
- Voluntary sector
- Working with Words - Creative Writing, Translation and Writing for the Media
- Museums, heritage and culture
- Public sector
- Creative practice and freelancing
Places are limited so it is important to sign up now to ensure your attendance!