The meeting will take place in the Herschel Building, which is located on the main campus of Newcastle University. The building is in the city centre and is easy to reach on foot from city centre hotels, or via the Metro (Newcastle's light rail transport system). The Herschel Building is directly opposite the Haymarket metro station. The city centre is compact: walking somewhere never takes longer than 20-30 minutes.
Maps of the campus and city can be found here.
There are many hotels in Newcastle city centre (to suit a range of budgets), within walking distance of the conference venue. Possible hotels include:
- Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (The Gate) and Newcastle Quayside
- Motel One in the city centre
- Holiday Inn Express in the city centre
- Travelodge Newcastle Quayside and Travelodge Newcastle Central
- Osborne Hotel in Jesmond (a short Metro ride from the city centre)
Travel to Newcastle
Newcastle Central train station is located in the city centre and has frequent connections to London Kings Cross and Edinburgh. For those travelling from overseas, Newcastle airport is approximately a 20 minute drive from University. Both the central station and the airport are on the Metro system (with direct links to Haymarket metro station).